Monday, June 11, 2012

Preface

As mentioned in my previous blog, I am now taking time to work on the preface statement that will introduce the residency program and begin the application. This part has taken some thought to make it concise but also to be sure that it encompasses our true vision of a residency and what makes our facility an ideal location for a sports residency program. I have asked for the input of others as to what they would like to see the preface include and have started writing based on this.

I have also been working on the policies and procedures related to the retention (section 1.2.3.1.B) portion of the application. Pat and I really want our residency to appeal to new graduates and current physical therapists alike; therefore we had several discussions regarding this topic. We had to determine how we would word some of this for a new graduate who may not yet have obtained entry-level licensure and how this may or may not affect the program.

At this point, I have gathered the majority of the information for Section 1 of the application and will work to fine tune it all and make sure everything concisely communicates what I was intending as it is the plan to introduce all we have done to both of our clinics next week for feedback. After looking at it over and over again, I really think it will be beneficial to have a fresh set of eyes to look over everything, plus I’m very excited to show everyone where we are at and that this residency dream of mine is really going to happen!


Jen Flug PT, DPT, OCS
Premier Physical Therapy and Sports Performance

No comments:

Post a Comment